Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

TurboTax is not populating Va State form 760C properly. It worked in 2022, not 2023. How do I get it to pull data from Federal form 2210?

I did a large IRA rollover in 4th quarter and paid estimated taxes at that time.   Form 2210 on federal is filled out to show when money was moved and taxes were paid.d   This data should go into VA state form 760C.   It is not.   90% of Form 760C is being left blank.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is not populating Va State form 760C properly. It worked in 2022, not 2023. How do I get it to pull data from Federal form 2210?

Was your Virginia tax liability for 2022 less than the liability for 2023? If so, the penalty is calculated on the lesser of the two. Based on this information, TurboTax would not complete Form 760C if no penalty was due.

According to the Virginia Form 760 Income Tax Booklet page 26, "You will not owe an addition to tax if...total withholding and timely estimated payments were at least 90% of your 2023 tax liability OR 100% of your 2022 tax liability."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

Form 760C only filled out line 1,2,5, 7A, 8 and 10.   Form 2210 was filled out on federal form.   Filed taxes.   Per turbo tax I was due a $5 refund.   Got message from state I owed a $58 penalty.   Called them, said penalty was due to estimated taxes paid in 4th quarter rather than paid throughout the year.   BUT the reason for the estimate taxes was an IRA rollover done in 4th quarter.   no way I could pay taxes on something in April that I did not do until December.  Form 2210 handled in on Federal side.   Form 760C appeared to handle in in 2022 filing when I did similar rollover but 760C did not do any calculations related to estimated taxes and income being received unevenly throughout th e year.

I agree I should not have owed any taxes.   I did rollover in 4th quarter, paid estimate taxes in 4th quarter.   State agent I spoke with said I owed penalty because I did not pay estimated taxes throughout the year.   when I explained the situation, she told me that form 760C was not completed justifying my reason there should not be a penalty.  Told me to complete form 760C and send it in.   I tried, spent days/hours on phone and doing things trying to get Turbo Tax to fill out form.   No success, just lots of headaches.   In order to insure no further penalties, I paid the penalty $58.   Was not worth spending more of my time on it.   Very frustrating.   In 2022, I had similar situation, Turbo Tax did fill out form 760C that year and it was determined there was no penalty.   In 2023, it did not work.  went through all kinds of pain an misery as one agent had me delete all history, caches, cookies, etc.   update windows, delete Turbo Tax  , reinstall.   Just screwd up my computer taking me more hours to get it working properly again.   CASE # [number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies