TurboTax doesn´t let my file because "I am missing...

yngrid-eli

TurboTax doesn´t let my file because "I am missing state and zip on my personal info," but my info is there! It is a foreign address.

I have an American bank account for the return, it is only the address where I live that is foreign and it is there!
KarenJ2

Do you have a US billing address for your credit card? 

We accept credit, debit, and pre-paid cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. Like many other U.S. online merchants, we can only process cards with a U.S. billing address. 

Until this is resolved, here is the workaround.

If you are trying to pay for your return, this can be resolved by temporarily changing your information under Personal Info, then changing it back before filing your return. If you have a foreign address, enter the U.S. billing address for the card you're trying to use. If you have only one letter as your first name, change this to your full first name, as shown on your social security card.  

1. Click on the Personal Info tab at the top  

2. Make the necessary changes to your personal Information  

3. Click the File tab at the top and click Start next to Step 1  

4. Continue to pay for TurboTax Online  

5. Continue through the interview until, in Step 3, you've signed the consent form for MAX Assist & Defend 

6. Return to Personal Info and set your mailing address back to the correct address, as described in steps 1-3, before transmitting your return  

If you have an issue e-filing after the above steps, try this solution. 

If you entered a Foreign Address and at one time had a US address in your information and are finding the US address remaining in the background during error check - try these steps to resolve this issue -  

• Return to the My Info section and select the edit next to your mailing address 

• Change the mailing address drop-down box from Foreign address back to US address 

• You may see part of your US address still there (i.e City Name) - remove any US entries still present 

• Change the drop-down box back to Foreign address from US address 

• Reenter your current foreign address and continue to file your return 

MS-2020

Your recommendation got me two steps further, but now I still can't file because the foreign country has an "invalid state and zip". This is on the final check before e-filing. 

Any tips?