Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax sucks

Still unable to file my New York State Tax returns. I was told to mail them in so I printed them and on the forms was written the warning that it's illegal to mail them in NY if they were prepared using a software program such as Turbo Tax. Yes, there is an exception if Turbo Tax doesn't have the software. Except that they do, they just haven't activated it so that it will compute the COVID retirement distribution according to the rules of the Cares Act, on my tax forms. It didn't even print when I tried to print and mail in my tax returns.

I was told to use another tax software. So I spent hours redoing my taxes using another program, FreetaxUSA has the IT 558 form. So I use it and complete my taxes but I can't send it in. Why? Because I have already filed my federal returns with Turbo Tax and FreetaxUSA won't let me file my NY State taxes by itself. So now I'm stuck. I can either mail it In and wait 30 days or wait for Turbo Tax to add the IT558 form. I called New York State Department of Taxation. They said Turbo Tax is the only tax preparation company they know of who does not have the IT 558 in a usable form on their platform. It's a Turbo tax problem I was told. No, it's MY problems and no one at Turbo Tax is willing or able to solve it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbo Tax sucks

YEP! This website has become ridiculous! I'm quitting Turbotax going to a person, face to face tomorrow! Just attempting this and they want a copy of my 2020 tax returns, but THEY have it! Turbo Tax SUCKS!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies