Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax generates error "Educator Smrt Wks Ln B-SP" that prohibits state e-filing (I've already paid). Reddit verifies same issue globally for VA residents. What now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jgaskins

Turbo Tax generates error "Educator Smrt Wks Ln B-SP" that prohibits state e-filing (I've already paid). Reddit verifies same issue globally for VA residents. What now?

Try is now! Mine just went through finally!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
HadynMoss

Commenting here to hopefully bring attention to this issue. I'm having the same issue and it still hasn't been resolved. 

Thanks, Hadyn!

To make sure my post is super-clear to TT: I'm single. It's one of the first questions TT asks - I've never been otherwise in 10+ years that I've used TT, so there should be zero confusion.

EDITED TO ADD: I can't even "file by mail" - either my federal or state returns. I'm stuck in a loop, clicking "file by mail". TT takes me right back to the start of the filing process. Since I can neither e-file OR file by mail, if I don't receive resolution from TurboTax within a business day of noon EST 2/9/23, I will be disputing the filing charge with my credit card company for goods and services not being rendered by TT. Cheers.

NAM4
Level 1

Having the same issue! TT HELP!

Having the same issue and I live in VA too!! 

Having the same issue.  I worked on my taxes yesterday and they were completed, error free and ready to submit last night.   

Came back to submit this afternoon and suddenly this error popped up out of nowhere and cannot be deleted or fixed.  I got on the line with a TT rep like 15 minutes ago and she hadn't even heard of the error.   

I found the reddit thread by Googling the issue,  while the TT rep was looking for information.  

Hopefully all filers are reporting the issue so they can patch whatever bug loaded overnight? 

I filled single and this error won’t go away

kmoran1

I'm having the same problem. Filing single, head of household, definitely don't have a spouse and no matter what I put in the box it is not filing.

Kmr5

Having the same issue! Hopefully will get resolved ASAP. 

klsim94

I was receiving the same error walked through each step with Turbotax expert. My error was my dependent care amounts did not match for example it first ask how much was spent I had 1000 but under the care provider I put 2000 by accident thy need to match. 

pmanso

Same thing for me.  I never filed this form and am not a PY or educator.  It will not let me proceed to efile!!!

PeepsPop

Having the same issue. VA Resident. Not able to e-file. 

whats going on with this issue seems to be nly for VA 

it has been there for hours nobody says anything, not even asking to wait 

I'm having the same issue and am in VA. TT needs to fix! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies