Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Level 3

Too many stock transaction entries for State of NJ?

Dear All -

Good morning.  Since Turbo Tax was not able to download my 2020 stock transactions fully (due to too many entries), I am putting together Form 8453 with 1099B attached for fed tax purpose.   

Now, does anyone know if NJ Treasury has any similar procedure in place to allow tax payers to report stock transactions separately?  The closest thing I could find was Sched NJ-DOP, but it was very much like Form 8949.  I combed through NJ Treasury website to see if there any form similar to Form 8453, but to no avail.  And, I couldn't find much in there to address the issue I am faced with now, which is why I am posting my question here. 

If someone has prior experience or knowledge about this issue, please kindly advise?  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration for the matter above!    J

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

NJ does not ask you to mail transaction details.

My personal feeling is NJ will not make an issue of it if you do not attach the NJ-DOP form.

Level 3

Hi Fanfare.  Thank you for your comment!  I hope that is the case, yet TurboTax generated and provided NJ Treasury with all the stock transactions made in 2019 as part of Sched. NJ-DOP, which led me to believe that the same would be true for 2020.  J 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies