Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Successfully Printed South Carolina 2023 Income Tax Return

I finally was able to print, save as a PDF and file our 2023 South Carolina income tax return. Someone who previously worked for the SCDOR contacted their IT department and learned that SC's ES1040ES estimated 2024 tax form is not yet finalized. TurboTax is designed not to permit printing or saving as a PDF until all forms are available & loaded onto their program. (Frankly, I don't understand TT's "logic.") However, if the filer goes into TT's program & "defeats" their calculation of estimated taxes for 2024 (by zeroing out the calculation), the filer can finally print and save the return as a PDF. Electronic filing can also be completed.

I hope that this post saves others lots of heartache!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
TPS3
Level 1

It worked!  Thanks so much!

ejn01
Returning Member

Thanks Catina, followed your instructions and was able to print my SC 2023 return. If only TT was as help full, I could save myself a lot of time. I am filling your message away for next year, based upon other postings this seems to be an annual issued.  EJN01

SCLost

I have tried all suggestions and still have the same issue on 2/19/2024 in regard with not being able to print the SC file for review.  After receiving notice and forwarded to notification link, i receive the same error.  Called TurboTax help line but representative did not seem to understand my questions or the TurboTax program.  The representative searched the TurboTax database but found no answers.  Indicated their system was slow and that I should wait a week and call back if it is still an issue.  I do not know enough about going into the software code and changing tax information filters as previously suggested.  Since we are paying for all the Intuit products in a service fee environment in lieu of purchasing the program, I expected better service and products but in my experience with TurboTtax and Quicken, the product and service are declining.  

How do I get assistance on this issue I and others are having.  Does TT have specific instructions on how to fix this error?

just spent 1 hour plus with a TurboTax expert who was very accommodating and tried EVERYTHING. After consulting with higher ups he gave me the bad news. There is nothing I can do to print a copy of my SC return because the program DIDN’T SAVE IT when it was transmitted to SC. All the information is there, but it won’t save a pdf  to my hard drive and won’t print (possibly because SC estimated tax forms aren’t available—although the estimated tax forms for 2024 appear to there in the forms menu. Bottom line, THIS IS A MAJOR CODING PROBLEM

The agent suggested I call SC and ask them to send me a copy of my SC return! What are the odds of that working!

TurboTax needs to fix the problem it created!! What a fiasco.

I just spent 1 hour plus with a TurboTax expert who was very accommodating and tried EVERYTHING. After consulting with higher ups he gave me the bad news. There is nothing I can do to print a copy of my SC return because the program DIDN’T SAVE IT when it was transmitted to SC. All the information is there, but it won’t save a pdf  to my hard drive and won’t print (possibly because SC estimated tax forms aren’t available—although the estimated tax forms for 2024 appear to there in the forms menu. Bottom line, THIS IS A MAJOR CODING PROBLEM

The agent suggested I call SC and ask them to send me a copy of my SC return! What are the odds of that working!

TurboTax needs to fix the problem it created!! What a fiasco.

SMEEK

Same problem here, only the issue is compounded because my SC return was E-filed and accepted, unable to print and now trying to file amended SC return and my original electronic debit now turns out to be a refund.  Only problem is ... I can't figure out why the figures are different because the only return I can print out is the new amended version.

If you have already e-filed your tax return, you cannot “defeat” the estimated tax form. Need a different solution—TurboTax recoding its program

Just spoke with SC DOR. You can request a copy of your return using Form 4506, but since the return was filed electronically all you will get is a Transcript, not a copy of the return that looks like what you get when your return is printed out. The representative could not tell me when SC would provide 1040ES forms for tax year 2024, which seem to be the form that keeps TurboTax from allowing a Print and Save of the 2023 tax return.

‘This is beyond frustrating

Turbotax has to find a way to allow those who have filed a SC return electronically a way to,save a pdf of the retune and print it out in a way that looks like a tax return. 

ejn01
Returning Member

Try this to print your SC Return. 

In TT click on FORMS upper right hand corner.  Scroll down to “Estimated Tax Worksheet” under SC Individual.  Part IV on the Estimated Tax Worksheet is TT computed quarterly estimated payments, replaced the TT estimated amount (Line 6) with zeros for each quarter.  This should allow you to print your SC 2023 Return.  It worked for me, thanks for another member.   EJN01

Once you have filed your return you cannot make changes to the Estimated tax worksheet. I’ve tried deleting it, but no luck. If you exiled your return before you made the changes, tell me if I’m missing something in how to zero it out. My program won’t let me make any changes or delete the Estimates tax worksheet.

SUCCESS. I STAND CORRECTED. I was able to print a copy of my SC return by going to Forms and eliminating the estimated taxes from line 6 of the Part IV worksheet. I had been trying to eliminate the individual quarters and that wouldn’t allow me to make the changes.

‘Having done as you suggested I was able to print my SC return and save it as a PDF.

MANY THANKS. YOU DID WHAT TURBO TAX SUPPORT COULD NOT

ejn01
Returning Member

Try this to print your SC Return. 

In TT click on FORMS upper right hand corner.  Scroll down to “Estimated Tax Worksheet” under SC Individual.  Part IV on the Estimated Tax Worksheet is TT computed quarterly estimated payments, replaced the TT estimated amount (Line 6) with zeros for each quarter.  This should allow you to print your SC 2023 Return.  It worded for me.    EJN01

rek7862

I had same problem of being unable to print SC forms. What I did was go to SC1040ES Worksheet and in Part III, select Voucher Printing Options, uncheck A Print Forms.  Then select "C" Do Not Print Vouchers. I was then able to print my entire return for review and save as PDF less the SC1040ES forms.

mymba

Plan to do this.  Many thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies