Solved: State Taxes

State Taxes

I live in West Virginia and work in Kentucky. My employer holds out West Virginia taxes for me. Do I still file with Kentucky since they are reciprocal states? If so, what do I put in the KY Portion of income next to the federal since all the federal income was earned in KY but taxes paid to West Virginia?

State Taxes

You are right about West Virginia and Kentucky being reciprocal states. What that means is those states will not tax out of state workers from the other. Since your employer did the right thing, you do not need to file a KY return, only WV.

State Taxes