Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule K-1 1065 Income Tax Withheld

As of last filing, I was able to enter my income tax withheld by checking box 13 and then drop down to W- Other Deductions. Leaving that blank and clicking continue, it took me Enter Code W Detail (image below) with an option below for a check box of Taxes and State Income Withheld. 

This year there is no W - Other Deductions. Does anyone know where that option is now? Or where I can enter the information? Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The IRS made extensive changes to Schedule K-1 for tax year 2023. Box 13 Code W is now often reported as Box 20 Code ZZ. Where this credit is entered is to be determined by the taxpayer, based on Additional Information provided by the partnership.

In the case of pass-through entity tax (PTET), the estimated payment is not be entered on the federal return. Instead, this is information for the state return and should only be entered there. In most cases, you will find this under Other Credits / Uncommon Credits or Business Income Adjustments for Schedule K-1. The exact entry point depends on the state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The IRS made extensive changes to Schedule K-1 for tax year 2023. Box 13 Code W is now often reported as Box 20 Code ZZ. Where this credit is entered is to be determined by the taxpayer, based on Additional Information provided by the partnership.

In the case of pass-through entity tax (PTET), the estimated payment is not be entered on the federal return. Instead, this is information for the state return and should only be entered there. In most cases, you will find this under Other Credits / Uncommon Credits or Business Income Adjustments for Schedule K-1. The exact entry point depends on the state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies