Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rejected tax return, code CA_MCTR_Payment

Hello!

I have tried to file my taxes about four times this week. It keeps getting rejected because of the California Middle class tax refund payment. At first turbo tax said to wait until January 27th to fix it, which I did. I then inputed my 1099-MISC exactly how its stated and checked all boxes that ask if its a middle class tax refund. Ive quadruple checked it very slowly each time and It still keeps getting rejected and says "CA_MCTR_Payment" in the error reason. I have tediously followed the instructions to fix it but nothing is working, What do I do? Below is the exact error page that I am getting.

"Description of error:
There is a potential issue with Form 1099-Miscellaneous if you received this form for payment of the California Middle Class Tax Refund.
What needs to be done:
We've identified an issue in your federal tax return. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for January 27th, 2023. On or after January 27, 2023. you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return. This is just for your federal 1040 tax return. To review and re-submit your return: If you're using TurboTax online: 1.Log into TurboTax.com 2.Select Check my return 3.Select on the left navigation menu Federal 4.Select Federal Review 5.Answer the question about the California Middle Class Tax Refund 6.File your return If you're using a CD or downloaded version of TurboTax: 1.Open TurboTax 2.Select open your return 3.Select on the top navigation menu Federal Taxes 4.Select Federal Review 5.Answer the question about the California Middle Class Tax Refund 6.File your return Note: The calculation change may affect the taxpayer's refund or balance due."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

rejected tax return, code CA_MCTR_Payment

Please follow the instructions here to manually update your software, and then please try again. This should have been fixed today Jan 30, 2023. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies