Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a CA resident who sold a second home located in OK. Is the capital gain for this sale taxed in CA? If not how do I adjust my CA income to deduct the OK capital gain.?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I am a CA resident who sold a second home located in OK. Is the capital gain for this sale taxed in CA? If not how do I adjust my CA income to deduct the OK capital gain.?

Yes, California residents must report all income, regardless of source.  You will enter the Oklahoma state tax information in the credit for taxes paid to another state section of the California return.  Note: You must complete the Oklahoma return first so that you will have the information to put on the California return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I entered real estate tax  withheld on a CA Form 593 there was a message that the real estate withholding  needed to be entered on the federal return. The message was that it should be entered as "Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099". When I tried this there was no place under the topic in Easy Step to enter anything for 2021. All the questions were for entering taxes paid in 2021 for prior years. Where should I enter the withheld tax in on the federal return?

TomD8
Level 15

@4earl5 --

Enter the information in the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section under Deductions and Credits.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies