Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Oregon Economic Stimulus Payments

Working on 2021 Oregon taxes and seem to have some issues with the Oregon Federal Tax Liability Subtraction Worksheet. Line 1 brings over Federal Tax from the Federal forms but there is no subtraction for the Economic Stimulus Payments on line 10 of the form. Is anyone seeing a problem with the form?

2020 looks like it had some problems that were corrected by the time I fille.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

According to Federal tax liability subtraction in the 2021 Oregon Income Tax - Form OR-40 Instructions, Your federal income tax subtraction may be reduced by any 2021 federal economic stimulus payments you received in 2021.

Is this what you’re seeing?  This is actually a reduction in the subtraction amount. 

The Line 10 instructions in the Federal tax worksheet in the publication linked above state:  Enter any 2021 federal economic stimulus payments you received in 2021 plus your recovery rebate credit, if any, from Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 30. Refer to your IRS Notice 1444-C for the amount of stimulus payments you received in 2021.

If this doesn’t appear to be what’s happening, please provide more information that might be helpful.

[edited 2-14-22|6:15 pst]

Thanks for the reply. What you have said is what I was expecting. I received economic stimulus payment in 2021 and recorded the amount on Federal forms Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet line 13. There was no additional credit due me so line 14 was 0. Line 14 amount is what transfers to line 30 on Federal 1040. 

On Oregon Federal tax worksheet line 10 I was expecting the amount of stimulus payment received from line 13 and any additional on line 14 to be recorded. I have nothing showing, so full amount of federal tax is showing as a total. 

diabue64

I am having the same issue but do not know how to fix this. I have an email stating to return to my form on or after Feb 17. Will this issue be corrected by turbo tax at that time

AmyC
Expert Alumni

That is an expected release date, please check your email for actual release.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just posted about this today.

What I think should work is to go to the line 10 cell on the "Fed Tax Liab Wk" , right click on the cell and choose "Override".  You should be able to manually enter the correct amount.

This seemed to flow correctly to my Oregon return.  Haven't tried to efile though.

Steve

Looks like it is fixed with 2-17 update.

TD8
Level 2

Did the fix get released on 2/17?  I didn't get any notification that it was fixed by TurboTax. Afraid to resubmit my Oregon taxes and risk them being rejected again.  I didn't even get any stimulus payments so this is a little frustrating....  thx?

Software update 2-17 including Oregon part, looks to have fixed this issue. That was the only item I was waiting for. I filed that evening and return was accepted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies