walddo05

Qualified Business Income Deduction dose not show up on Schedule C. I know I qualify. How do I get the deduction with this program

I used the look up bar. The first time it suggested to enter something on a certain line. I can not find that answer again. 

mesquitebean

Here's how to get to the QBI questions in the desktop product Home and Business.

Hopefully, you know how to get to the Business Summary screen (screen image 1 below).  But here's how:

• Click the Business tab, then Business Income and Expenses, then "I'll choose what I work on."  
  • On a screen that says "Let's gather your business info", click UPDATE in the top topic (Business income and expenses.)
  • The next screen should be: "Here's the business info we have so far."   Click on EDIT by your business name to open up that business interview.
  • Then you will get the Business Summary screen shown below (image 1).  Click "Continue" at the bottom, and it should start asking questions about QBI (image 2)

TaxGuyBill

The deduction is not supposed to show up on Schedule C.  It shows up on Line 9 of your Form 1040.  Is it showing up there?
walddo05

No. empty see instructions ?
mesquitebean

I'll make a couple of screen images that show how to get to the QBI questions and post them in the section below.
mesquitebean