Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PTE tax

Hi, I copied FTB pass-through PTE tax, and I can not understand some parts could you please clarify them.

I really appreciated it!

Do you qualify?

A qualifying PTE is an entity taxed as a partnership or S corporation.

It means  only Partnerships and S Corp can elect this PTE tax, right?

Who does not qualify?

A qualified PTE does not include:

• Publicly traded partnerships
  • An entity permitted or required to be in a combined reporting group

Who is a qualified taxpayer?

A qualified taxpayer is a partner, member, or shareholder of an electing qualified entity that is:

• An individual, fiduciary, estate, or trust subject to California personal income tax
  • A disregarded single member LLC that is owned by an individual, fiduciary, estate, or trust subject to California personal income tax   >>>> here but it syas a SMLLC can elect this one? I am confused!!

To be qualified, a taxpayer must consent to have their pro rata or distributive share and guaranteed payments included in the qualified net income of the electing qualified PTE.

A qualified taxpayer is not a:

• Disregarded business entity and its partners and members
    • Except for a disregarded single member LLC that is owned by an individual, fiduciary, estate, or trust subject to California personal income tax
  • Corporation
  • Partnership                        ..... And here it says Partnership can elect this PTE tax?  Could you please explain me finally can SMLLC and partnerships elect PTE tax? 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

PTE tax

Hi, My question is how do I know when is the best time to take election PTE tax for S-corp?

What calculation help me If I did not elect PTE tax for 2023, for 2024 it is better to take this election?

Thanks for your help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies