Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problems with PA State return

I am using the online version, and encountering a problem reported by users in 2022 using the desktop version. 

My Federal filling section went smoothly, however in the PA section I am blocked at the State Review stage.  The review points to fix issues with schedule D-71 which if for assets purchased before 1971 which does not apply to me.   After investigation I noticed in the PA review section a box was checked for "asset purchased before 1971" I am pretty certain I did not check that box, in any case even after unchecking the box, I am still stuck at the same place and it does not allow me to proceed. 

Apparently, I can print and file which defeats the purpose of using TT online. 

Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. You may have mistakenly checked a box indicating you had Sale or Exchange of Property Acquired Prior to June 1,1971. I suggest to try to delete the form. Here is how to delete if using Turbo Tax online.

1. Log into Turbo Tax 
  2. Go to Tax tools in the left navigational pane of your return.
  3. Go to tools 
  4. Go to delete a form
  5. Scroll down the list of forms. When you scroll to your PA forms, locate form D-71.
  6. Select delete.
  7. Recheck your forms to see if it has been deleted successfully. 

let us know if this works.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the reply,  that is exactly what I tried a few days ago and it worked.

While I could be wrong, I am sure I did not check any box suggesting I purchased anything before 1971.  I believe the 1099s that caused the problem were automatically imported and automatically checked that box.  In the "review" process later I did find that box and unchecked it, but it would still not get past the error until I found the D-71 forms and deleted them.   Would be good if Turbo Tax could detect that once the box is unchecked it can ignore/delete an unused form rather than getting stuck on it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies