Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mark2056

Pennsylvania move to Florida.

Turbo Tax has the full year of unearned income in PA 40 and not just a partial year. How do i correct this? Moved in mid April to Florida and should not need to pay all unearned income to PA.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

In the personal section, be sure you marked that you moved. In the PA section, you need to file a part year return. Verify that your income is not taxable in PA, see Personal Income Tax Guide

Part-year and nonresidents.PA Filing requirements.

Include items for each class of taxable income received while a resident and items from Pennsylvania sources while a nonresident.

Income from Pennsylvania sources for nonresidents includes:

• Compensation for services performed in Pennsylvania.

• Net profit or loss on Pennsylvania business or farm operations

• Net income or loss from the sale of real or tangible property located within Pennsylvania.

• Net income or loss from rental property located in Pennsylvania and income from royalties, patents, and copyrights for the use of the taxpayer’s property in Pennsylvania.

• Income received as a beneficiary, partner, or shareholder reported on PA Schedule NRK-1.

• Winnings from gambling and lotteries in Pennsylvania including cash prizes awarded by the Pennsylvania lottery

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mark2056

This answer is generic and not at all helpful.  Turbotax should be able to calculate what percentage of the year you spent in a state based on the dates entered and provide a correct dollar amount to show on Line 4 of Schedule B for Dividends and Capital Gains.  I  found the correct information on PA States Revenue website.  Next issue that came up was I paid to file and Turbotax found an error that i had to go back and correct, then after that correction, I had to reenter payment information to file.  I was then billed twice.  Try getting a hold of someone at Turbotax to correct a double billing situation!!!!  No luck as of now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies