Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OREGON KICKER

I've been using turbotax desktop versions for more than 20 years. This year I decided to try the online version and was AMAZED when I qualified for the Oregon Kicker which applied $2800 to my taxes. However when I found out that I was going to have to pay intuit for federal and state for $106 I decided to go back to the desktop version where I get both Federal and State for $55. Well I filled out my return with the exact same information as I did with the online version and the same Oregon Kicker of a little more that $2800 popped up with a congatulations message "HOWEVER" it does not apply that to my state taxes bottom line like it did on the online version. So congratulations you get this much more money back IS NOT processing with the recently updated desktop version. Now WHAT DO I DO?  I most definitely am not going to file my returns with this major malfunction!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

OREGON KICKER

Are you saying that TurboTax said you were qualified to claim the kicker credit, but it is not on your Oregon tax return?   Can you view your Oregon return and check Schedule OR-ASC, Line F7?   That amount flows to the Oregon OR-40, Line 38.   The amount should be 44.28% of your 2022 tax liability (Line 22 if OR-40).    And when you went back to using desktop, did you sign-in and continue the return from TurboTax Online, or did you re-enter everything.   I just tested the credit in desktop, and it is there on Line 38.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OREGON KICKER

Thank you for the response.

Here is exactly what happened.

Turbotax online version Oregon return said let’s check to see if you qualify for the kicker after answering a couple questions congratulations you qualify for $2800 and the tax program immediately adjusted our refund. 
Desktop version asked the same questions, said congratulations you qualify for the kicker of $2800 but there’s absolutely no change to our refund.

I will go back and open forms to check the asc form you mentioned but something obviously isn’t calculating or processing correctly and the same as the online version.

I did manually enter the all information in the desktop version.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

OREGON KICKER

The amount was already included in your refund amount; the timing of the refund meter changes can be deceiving sometimes.   Check over your OR-40.  Since you are using the desktop, you can use Forms Mode (click Forms at the top) and see all your forms.   Oregon forms will be under the federal forms, and you should see the credit applied on Schedule OR-ACS and OR-40.   Knowing the refund meter like I do;( -  I'm fairly certain you are receiving the kicker credit, but if you have any trouble locating it, let us know.  As long as you see the credit, you can safely e-file your returns!

mscandy21

OREGON KICKER

i am not seeing a "forms" option. I am on turbotax.com on the computer. I am having the same issue where it is not calculating. 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

OREGON KICKER

There is no "Forms" mode in the Online product (at turbotax.com), it is only in the CD/download product.

mscandy21

OREGON KICKER

How do I check/fix on the website version? When I look at credits it's only showing me a federal one. 

OREGON KICKER

Print your state return to review Line 38. It's probably there.

----

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, to contact the IRS, or to amend if a TurboTax update changes your return or for any other reason,

AND, to find your AGI next year.

This goes for state returns also.

@mscandy21 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies