Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the Oklahoma State Form 561NR it is asking me what type of property I sold and I have to answer it. I only sold stocks and non-resident of OK, only have rental property there.

I am non-resident of Oklahoma state, and need to report tax return for the rental property income in Oklahoma. 

Turbotax direct ports my Federal return into Oklahoma state return.  But  it ask  me to fill Oklahoma Capital Asset Location and Type for the stocks which  I sold in 2023.    I cannot fill in the Oklahoma location or Federal ID for these stocks.  But it keeps asking me to fill these information, otherwise, it won't file the state return for me. It’s not giving me any way around it without Oklahoma location, federal ID#, and type of Oklahoma asset sold being accounted for.  Anyone find a solution?

Is it a bug of Turbotax?   How can I skip these requirements?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

On the Oklahoma State Form 561NR it is asking me what type of property I sold and I have to answer it. I only sold stocks and non-resident of OK, only have rental property there.

Sounds like you are in the OK Review section and may have missed a box selection in a prior screen. Go back to the Summary of Oklahoma Capital Gains/Losses page, right after the Adjustments to Federal Income section. Or just click through from the beginning of the State return.

Then select edit on the Summary of OK gains/losses and mark the tiny box 'This property does not qualify for exclusion'. Continue and run the review again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

屏幕截图 2024-04-08 002207.png

The problem is there's nothing on Oklahoma tax summary 

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You are on the Oklahoma Tax Summary page, near the end of the OK prep section.

You need to go to the Summary of Oklahoma Gains/Losses page. It's near the beginning of your OK state prep just after the Adjustment to Federal Income section. Select 'edit' next to the gain/loss you wish to exclude. Then mark the tiny box. @Jason612 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies