Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the Ohio state return, it is trying to force me to put a value in SD100ES and our district , Chardon, does not do income tax. How do I get past this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

On the Ohio state return, it is trying to force me to put a value in SD100ES and our district , Chardon, does not do income tax. How do I get past this?

Yes, you can find your school district code based on where you live in Ohio.

The Ohio tax return requires a school district number even when you don't live in a community that has a school district tax.

The Ohio Department of Taxation provides a lookup tool that will find your school district code by entering your nine digit zip code.

To access Ohio's lookup tool visit https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/ZipLookup/LookupByZip.aspx?taxType=taxsummary

Full-year non-resident taxpayers should use 9999 for their school district code.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

Yes, you can find your school district code based on where you live in Ohio.

The Ohio tax return requires a school district number even when you don't live in a community that has a school district tax.

The Ohio Department of Taxation provides a lookup tool that will find your school district code by entering your nine digit zip code.

To access Ohio's lookup tool visit https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/ZipLookup/LookupByZip.aspx?taxType=taxsummary

Full-year non-resident taxpayers should use 9999 for their school district code.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies