Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Non Resident of Colorado

I'm trying to clear an error on a Pension and Annuity Exclusion worksheet for Colorado return. On Line 1b the taxpayer has a positive amount, the spouse has a negative number. On Line 1c, taxpayer is amount is "0", for the spouse, the amount is also "0", but in red, indicating that this amount cannot be more than Line 1b. How do I fix this? The Federal and Home state didn't have a problem with any entries dealing with our pensions.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Non Resident of Colorado

The Colorado Pension Exclusion Amount is figured separately for Taxpayer and Spouse.  You can each exclude up to 24K (after subtracting Federal taxable Social Security benefits), so the amount on Line 6 of the Pension and Annuity Worksheet may seem odd. 

Here's more info on Colorado Pension Exclusion. 

@dlazyh 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Non Resident of Colorado

Can you clarify why the spouse has a negative number?

Non Resident of Colorado

Good question, I don't know. All the information from the taxpayer and spouses RRB-1099's and RRB-1099R's were entered in correctly.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Non Resident of Colorado

I would like to take a deeper look at this. However, I need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the directions below:

1. Sign into your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. Please respond back with the Token Number that was generated.

@dlazyh 

Non Resident of Colorado

I'm not using the online version to do my taxes.

And when I go the online tab of the installed software, I select send tax file to agent, I get a warning that the file is not recognized as a tax return ot that was opened and created by a different turbo tax product ot a previous years turbo tax.

Non Resident of Colorado

Haven't heard from anybody, maybe it's the weekend, I don't kn ow. Anyway, I found a file named DIAG2022 and from my program, a way to do a screen share code and also to "Send tax file to agent". But as I've stated before, it seems that the file isn't recognized. At this point, I will attempt to start from scratch and recreate the file. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Non Resident of Colorado

The Colorado Pension Exclusion Amount is figured separately for Taxpayer and Spouse.  You can each exclude up to 24K (after subtracting Federal taxable Social Security benefits), so the amount on Line 6 of the Pension and Annuity Worksheet may seem odd. 

Here's more info on Colorado Pension Exclusion. 

@dlazyh 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies