Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJ Return - Pension, Annuities, & IRA Withdrawals Worksheet

I am hung up on the wording in Section 1 - IRA Withdrawals, Part B, Line 6: "Taxable contributions" made to IRA during current tax year.

I made $7000 non-deductible contribution to T-IRA in 2019.  Non-deductible, so contribution was made using taxed dollars.  Line 6 wording of "taxable contributions' is confusing.  At what point are they considering the contribution taxable?  At time of contribution (i.e. a nondeductible contribution has been taxed) or later when withdrawn (a deductible contribution will be taxed at withdrawal)?  Is my $7000 nondeductible contribution considered a "taxable contribution?"  TIA for clarifying.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

New Jersey does not allow a deduction for retirement contributions, so all IRA contributions are "taxable contributions" for New Jersey.

You should enter the amount of your IRA contributions for 2019.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My issue in this area is that I am taking my RMDs and Defined Benefits and am just trying to wrap up this NJ tax filing. I am stuck!  See screen shot Where and what do I put in this box and box 2. I cannot finish this tax form unless I complete these points. Very frustrating. Call my Annuity dept? or find the info in my paperwork on hand? Assist please. 2019  part D line 1.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies