Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New York State efile issues.

I use turbotax premier 2023. I completed my taxes and went to efile both federal and NY state. When I tried to file both it kept taking me from the Transmit Returns screen to a check something and when I clicked it I was sent right back to the Transmit Returns screen and would only loop between these two screens. This is just a basic return with my W-2, a 1099-INT, a 1098 for my mortgage interest, and 2 children. I file head of household.

After messing with this for a while I ended up trying to efile my federal return alone which went through just fine. I waited for my federal return to be accepted and tried again the next day after reading that it cannot be done while the federal return is still pending. When I tried again I got through the entire process again and at the ID request part of the state return I submit the 3 characters of my document number and hit continue and instead of going like normal it takes me right to the "Print/Save for Your Records" part which doesn't normally happen until after returns are transmitted.

I've been struggling with this on and off since Thursday night between shifts at work. I looked around here and found a couple similar things to mine and attempted their fixes but none worked so I'm looking for help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm unsure if this is allowed, but I ended up finding a fix for it. I installed turbotax on my laptop as well and for some reason it allowed me to continue the process and efile on there with no issues. Just in case anyone else has this issue this might help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I'm unsure if this is allowed, but I ended up finding a fix for it. I installed turbotax on my laptop as well and for some reason it allowed me to continue the process and efile on there with no issues. Just in case anyone else has this issue this might help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies