Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zoeydog61

NC Part Year resident income Allocations and Adjustments Help for Retired Un-earned income

My mother in law moved from NC to FL on Nov 13th, 2023 and we are trying to figure out the correct entries for the following fields populated from the Federal Income section.  The incomes were all un-earned incomes for Interest, Dividends, Capital Gain (Loss), Total Taxable IRA and Taxable Social Security.  She lived in NC for 316 days and FL for 49 days.  Her NC percentage is 86.58% for the time she lived in the state.  I am trying to confirm that on these North Carolina Resident Income fields I simply would multiply the Federal Income numbers by her 86.58% to get her actual numbers for the NC Resident Income.  Example (Interest $20k x 86.58% = $17,316) and I would do this for each of the remaining incomes including Dividends, Capital Gain (Loss), Total Taxable IRA and Taxable SS Benefits?

Then once I have that section completed brings me to  the next section question for NC Resident Adjustments section and how this is supposed to be filled in for those two sections it has (Interest Nontaxable to Other States and SS/RRB Benefits?   Thanks for any clarity on these sections as I could not find any details showing examples

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies