Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VB27

Nanny Tax withheld taxes reported in personal returns to NY state?

Are Payroll taxes withheld for a Nanny reported on a personal NY state return?  

I use a payroll service and they have filed NY-45 forms for me quarterly,  I reported my schedule H on my federal returns and used the estimated payments section to account for the withholdings the payroll service made to the Federal government.  I also added in the state and local taxes which appear to have carried over to my NY state return.  NY has now sent me a bill for the amount entered in the estimated payments for (state and local taxes)  I added in the "federal return" section of turbo tax, it wasn't very clear that those amounts would carry over to the state return.

I should not have entered the NY state and local taxes withheld in the Federal section of turbo tax for the payroll taxes withheld?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
hpollakcpa
Returning Member

Nanny Tax withheld taxes reported in personal returns to NY state?

To the best of my knowledge - the NYS withholding's relate only to that of the Nanny (i.e. employee) and has nothing to do with your personal tax return. the state withholding's (if done correctly) were already remitted quarterly with the NYS-45's, on behalf of the Nanny (not you), and should agree with W-2 issued to the Nanny.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies