turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My sister has claimed me for some years now without my permission an she lives in indiana an i live in kentucky . What can i do to get her in trouble . What so u do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

My sister has claimed me for some years now without my permission an she lives in indiana an i live in kentucky . What can i do to get her in trouble . What so u do?

If your sister is claiming you and shouldn't be, this is considered tax fraud.

Please check out this IRS link for details on how to report this: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-you-report-suspected-tax-fraud-activity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

If your sister is claiming you and shouldn't be, this is considered tax fraud.

Please check out this IRS link for details on how to report this: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-you-report-suspected-tax-fraud-activity.

What do i go by doing an what will happen after i do
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

@thompson45! The IRS will most likely ask her to provide documentation proving that she is eligible to claim you as a Dependent.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies