Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Day Review.Filed 2/1.Rev started 2/14.Possible they issue the refund within the 45 days at any point?Haven't received a letter.I had a Ez Form,0 error, no Itemization

No they have not do that mean you will get your money now are wat

45 Day Review.Filed 2/1.Rev started 2/14.Possible they issue the refund within the 45 days at any point?Haven't received a letter.I had a Ez Form,0 error, no Itemization

Hey guys I started this question and I filed February 1 and I still haven't gotten mine they told me that it is 60 days from the date on the letter. Even if it says 45 to 60 days you have to wait the full 60 days.  Also I said what do I do if I haven't gotten my money by the 60 days she said to call and she would be able to tell me whether the people reviewing it asked for an extension which means another 45 to 60 days or if they have completed the review.  @mscassie2007 turbo tax already took my fee too.  Your refund will still be directly deposited.  I called TurboTax and asked

@mscassie2007  I also do not need to verify my identity or answer questions.  They also initially said my review started on February 14, and then they said no it's 60 days from the date on the letter even if it says 45 to 60 days

Also one more thing I don't know what everybody is experiencing but I still have tax topic 152  with the same amount and the same message that says you are still being processed that's been on there since February 14. I have called so many times and one person flat out told me there's no point to even call until you're 60 days is up from March 12, they constantly say have you called the refund hotline have you checked where is my refund tool, so annoying but rest assured all of us will get our refunds. Just sucks because the IRS is so quick to take our money every check but it is so frustrating when they can't give back what is owed to us. They also told me that they get so many of our calls every single day and that they are extremely backed up.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

@Butreallywheremyrefund! I still have tax topic 152 and my other info just no bars n the still processing message. I have not gotten any letters at all. I called after my 21 days and was told I was in review starting 2/15. I ended up getting an advocate on 3/12 and called the IRS back that same day to see if there was an update. Was advised at that point that my review started on 3/12 not 2/15. That not letters are being sent and to do nothing.  Will the refund still go through SBBT or directly to our accounts?

@mscassie2007 I'm not suppose to do anything either, mines 3/12 also. There's nothing you can do until 60 days after 3/12 if you haven't received your refund, it will come however you asked for it to originally. I selected mine to be direct deposit and it still will UNLESS your offset or they change the amount. Then they may or may not send you a check. Assuming nothing changes with the amount it will be given to you however you chose for it too. Nothing's wrong on my return. I did get married and filled differently this year and added my step son. I'm assuming that's why I got chosen for the "random review". There are zero errors. And the amount it's correct. Just crazy huh.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

Beyond crazy the only thing I changed is my address cause I moved in January. Same job as the last 2yrs and I have been carrying my kids for over 10yrs. When I moved 3yrs ago I didn't get he is up. He'll 7yrs ago when my preparer made a mistake on my return I didn't get held or the following when when they took back my overpayment from her mistake That is the reason I started filling my own taxes through turbo tax. Still waiting on my advocate call Idk what kind of schedule they work on. Hopefully she have an update for me. I'm over this mess.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

I’m about to scream just talked to my TA and she said that they returned the request to release my refund without approving or denying it. She resent it on Saturday. Now she wants me to fax her my amendment just in case they ask for it this time. At that point it will take 8 more weeks to process. She also said she wish they wouldn’t give dates for reviews to be up because that doesn’t automatically release the hold that they can come back and ask for additional time. I’m really over this b.s.

Has anyone been waiting for longer than 45 days because mines is up on the 26th and i need my money now

My 60 days up may 5, In that’s my due date for my little girl Brooklyn to get here I just really hope they give me my money.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

@jadebusby88 from what I have read on this other forum ppl are waiting beyond the 45 days. When you call after your days are up the rep tells you they are sending something to the reviewer over your case and that they have 60 days to respond. Idk what this foolishness is that the IRS is doing this year. They don't even have enough staff to review all the ppl they have places under review.

My 60 days are up on the 26th this next week. So hopefully I will hear something from them or get my refund. Ugh
mscassie2007
Returning Member

@shelgordon mine is up on the 26th too.

I hope we hear something and not get told just to wait longer.

My 60 days are up on May 1st.. accepted 2/2.
Some people filed theirs and got it a week later IN THE MONTH OF APRIL! im starting to think they're not going to give it to ppl who have over a certain amt of $ coming back to them. If anyone got their refund please give us hope and let us know how it went.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies