Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missouri: Investment Expenses panel >> Municipal Obligations

Missouri State Tax: Investment Expenses (IE) panel >> Municipal Obligations tells me I have $4366 of taxable municipal interest income. I looked in all the MO forms for the figure of $4366 but I found nothing. The help on this page is also perplexing since none of it seems to apply to me. I'm assuming TT is pulling this info from the Federal tax consequence. How can I track this figure down when I don't see it on any MO form or WS? I'll look more closely at the federal forms but the figure cited on the MO IE panel does not seem familiar. Thank you in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Feel free to jump in... Getting closer. The $4336 on MO 1040 Line 2)  derives from Worksheet MO-A  (Pt1 Line 7) form whereby 4336 is divided into $2168 for each spouse. I do not see a worksheet for computing deriving the 4336 figure though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I think this might be derived from Exempt Dividends as I'm reporting $4450.   $4450-$4366 = 8$4. Trying to figure out how to account for the missing $84. Just noticed this as possible. issue.

Feel free to jump in... Getting closer. The $4336 on MO 1040 Line 2)  derives from Worksheet MO-A  (Pt1 Line 7) form whereby 4336 is divided into $2168 for each spouse. I do not see a worksheet for computing deriving the 4336 figure though.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies