Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jdagger1212
Returning Member

Minnesota state refund is taking FOREVER!!

State refund Minnesota

Level 1

Minnesota income tax filing…

I filled both my federal and state income taxes at same time ( March 2nd, 2024). I got two text messages 20 minutes later.. one from federal and the one from the state of Minnesota stating that they both rejected my refund. I read up on it and apparently I had accidentally clicked on a button for home improvement deductions (energy deductions) and I didn’t mean to because they were asking about a different kind of home improvement that I didn’t do. Anyway, it took me around ten mins to fix and I refiled both my federal and my state taxes and within 20 mins my federal taxes had been accepted, but it took I want to say two days for my state return to also get accepted, but regardless it did get accepted. Anyway, I got my federal return almost two weeks ago, and for some reason my state refund seems to have no clue when I’ll be getting my state refund and honest to God I really really really need the money right now. Like emergency need the money and I have no clue when I’ll even get it. Also I’ve heard of ppl getting income tax refund loans, yet I have absolutely no idea how to go about getting one. I hope you guys have some insight in first off 1.) when I’ll be getting my state income tax refund back and two 2.) where I can get a loan for my the refund I feel like I should’ve gotten at the same time my federal refund hit my account. There has got to be a way to get a loan that my refund will cover no problem as soon as it hits my account. Please lmk ASAP. 

My number is [PII removed] and I’d really appreciate it if anyone can give me some helpful insight into my problems I’m dealing with!! Thank you so much guys!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Minnesota state refund is taking FOREVER!!

Federal level refunds from Credit Kharma may or may not be available, since the program ran out on February 29, 2024 or whenever the funds run out. See "What is Refund Advance?"

As is noted elsewhere, The IRS and state tax agencies do not tell TurboTax the state of your refunds, so all you can do is contacts the IRS and the state agencies for refund information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies