Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mailed tax return to state of colorado on middle of April until today still say not received are they so slow in processing paper tax return?

Mailed tax return to state of colorado on middle of April until today still say not received are they so slow in processing paper tax return? I called no one answer but I ask around they said Colorado is slow in processing mailed tax return. I mailed with delivery confirmation that shows they got it April 20, 2024. I am not owing Colorado money they just owe me a refund due to withholding. 

Just wondering is mailed tax return usually this slow? 

I heard if it is refund mailing in tax return late is not an issue? I did mail it on-time on April 15, 2024 with delivery confirmation though 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Mailed tax return to state of colorado on middle of April until today still say not received are they so slow in processing paper tax return?

Generally, it does take longer to process returns that are mailed in.  

Please follow the steps in this link to track your refund with the Colorado Department of Revenue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ sandrawa 

When you go to the FAQ page at the link that JotikaT2 gave you above, you'll see the following statement from Colorado DOR that warns about delays:

In the best interest of all our taxpayers, the Colorado Department of Revenue implements measures to detect and prevent identity theft-related refund fraud. Fraud detection, along with verification that claims made on an individual income tax return are valid, and the documentation is submitted with the returns are part of the process of ensuring the return is correct and complete, and that taxpayers receive the refund amount to which they are entitled. Please be aware that Colorado’s fraud prevention measures, meant to ensure state tax dollars are going to the right person could delay individual income tax refunds up to 60 days beyond the time frames of prior years.   (emphasis added)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies