Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is my CA LLC tax of 800 included in the total tax owed calculated by TT or is it separate?

TT did my form 568 and my payment voucher for my SMLLC in CA and tallied that I owe $800 as annual tax, but I can't tell if its part of my total tax owed or if I have to add another $800 to that?

As it stands now I paid the state the full amount shown by TT and then paid an additional $800 for my LLC but wondering if I overpaid? I don't think I did, but it's unclear if its included or not.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Is my CA LLC tax of 800 included in the total tax owed calculated by TT or is it separate?

It depends. You should check the two forms described below and compare the amount you paid to the total due.

When you prepare Form 568, if you owe the annual California LLC tax, TurboTax will automatically prepare Form 3522 LLC Tax Payment Voucher to accompany your $800 payment.

The amount of tax due from California Form 540 appears on Line 111 of that form. This total does NOT include the LLC tax.

The total tax due from you would be the sum of the amount on Line 111 and the amount on Form 3522. If you paid this amount, either in one payment or two, you have not paid the LLC tax twice.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies