Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Indiana IT-20S return for business and resident that moved out-of-state part-way through the year

I am working on my Indiana IT-20S return for my LLC (taxed as an S corp) using TurboTax Business, and I am the sole shareholder and employee of the business. I moved out-of-state part-way through the year in August 2023, both my family and the business, so I am filing with my new address in a non-Indiana state, both as shareholder and the business now being out-of-state.

The issue I'm running into is that it looks like it would now be a composite return, since me, the sole shareholder, is a nonresident of Indiana.

Because of that, it wants me to pay taxes when filing the IT-20S based off the total AGI for the full year, and I'd also be paying Indiana state taxes when I file my personal return because of Sch K-1. That doesn't seem quite right, so I'm inquiring as to what to do.

I currently have NOT filled out Schedule E - Apportionment of Income, and not sure if I need to or not, but even if I did, I'd still be paying taxes on the Indiana income with the IT-20S, and paying again on my personal return.

Help??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies