Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rycella

Independent Contractor

I work as an independent contractor with my home based office in Missouri. My main job is move out cleans for apartment complexes. Currently, all the apartment complexes are in Missouri as well. One of my clients has apartments in both Missouri and Kansas. If I clean for them at one of their locations in Kansas, will that trigger having to pay non resident taxes in Kansas on that income?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

Independent Contractor

Q.  If I clean for them at one of their locations in Kansas, will that trigger having to pay non resident taxes in Kansas on that income?

A. Yes.  But, MO will you give you a credit, or partial credit, for any tax paid to another state. There will be little or no double taxation, but you will have the hassle, and cost, of filing a KS tax return. 

"If you are not a resident of Kansas but received income from Kansas sources, you must file a Kansas return regardless of the amount of income received from Kansas sources (see Kansas Source Income as provided in Schedule S Part B Instructions). " https://www.ksrevenue.gov/incomebook22.html#1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies