Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

77rhurt

In my tax form paperwork, there are forms to pay quarterly taxes. do I have to start doing that, or can I increase my witholdings on my checks to cover this for next yea

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

In my tax form paperwork, there are forms to pay quarterly taxes. do I have to start doing that, or can I increase my witholdings on my checks to cover this for next yea

TurboTax automatically includes 4 quarterly 1040-ES vouchers with your printout if you didn't withhold or pay enough tax this year. We do this to head off a possible underpayment penalty on next year's taxes.

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; it's just a suggestion based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

And Yes, you can absolutely change your withholding from your paychecks instead.  Follow the directions in the FAQ below for help in how to change/update your W-4: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301783

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomK
Expert Alumni

TurboTax automatically includes 4 quarterly 1040-ES vouchers with your printout if you didn't withhold or pay enough tax this year. We do this to head off a possible underpayment penalty on next year's taxes.

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; it's just a suggestion based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

And Yes, you can absolutely change your withholding from your paychecks instead.  Follow the directions in the FAQ below for help in how to change/update your W-4: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301783

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies