Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I have lived with my fiance & worked as his PSS for thepast2years with a homecarecompany does that qualify as Medicaid Payment income that should be federally exempt?

We are in Maine.   We are now in a self-direct program and have a fiscal intermediary and the income is federally tax exempt - I am wondering if I can amend my previous 2 years returns when I was with a homecare company to also have that income be federally tax exempt.  This has to do with 2014-7 stating that
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I have lived with my fiance & worked as his PSS for thepast2years with a homecarecompany does that qualify as Medicaid Payment income that should be federally exempt?

I am unclear who paid you those 2 years. Now that qualified Medicaid waiver payments are payments made by a state or political subdivision thereof, or an entity that is a certified Medicaid provider, under a Medicaid waiver.

The homecare companies paid me & I received a normal W-2 from them.  We had no idea about the Medicaid waiver payment thing until this month when we changed to self direct.  On the IRS website that references 2014-7 about these Medicaid payments it has sections pertaining to home care agencies but that didn’t help with my questions either, only made me wonder if all this time these should have been tax exempt and weren’t.   He has had full Medicare & Medicaid since 2012.  He is under section19 for MaineCare(Medicaid) that qualifies him for the home & community care benefits. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies