Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdrake

I work remotely in Australia for a company based in Delaware. I am a US citizen and not a resident or citizen of any other country. How do I file taxes for this income?

I am wondering which state I will need to file taxes in if the company I work for is Delaware-based but I have been working remotely in Australia. I've not earned Foreign income, only income from this company and all funds were deposited into an American bank account. Any thoughts? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I work remotely in Australia for a company based in Delaware. I am a US citizen and not a resident or citizen of any other country. How do I file taxes for this income?

The U.S. tax system is world-wide, so if  you are a U.S. citizen and have enough income you will need to file.

The biggest difference is that you may qualify for Foreign Tax credit (if you pay income taxes on that income to another country) and/or be eligible to Foreign Income Exclusion if you have been outside the U. S. for 330 days out of 365 days.

Take a look at the information below as this will get you started.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3290703

it is not foreign income, if the OP is based in the US

The original poster is a U. S. citizen based in Australia

he is saying he is working remotely and not a resident of any other country

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies