Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jwa009

I work and live in CA and visit my husband every month who lives and works in NY. I also get 2nd W2 from a NY company with remote work. how to file for us, Fed & state?

Me: W2 from CA and NY, live in CA

Him: W2 from NY, live in NY

we visit each other every month

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I work and live in CA and visit my husband every month who lives and works in NY. I also get 2nd W2 from a NY company with remote work. how to file for us, Fed & state?

You: file CA return as resident, plus a NY non-resident return
Him: NY resident return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You: file CA return as resident, plus a NY non-resident return Him: NY resident return.

You: file CA return as resident, plus a NY non-resident return
Him: NY resident return.

Both of you: file Federal return as married filing jointly.
jwa009

thank y ou nhicks4
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies