Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jim97132

I was able to enter political tax credit for OR but not for AZ

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GeoffreyG

The reason for this is almost certainly due to the fact that Arizona, unfortunately, no longer has a political contribution tax credit available to taxpayers.  That is why you will not be able to find it anywhere in the TurboTax Arizona state module (we checked, and verified).

As of the 2016 tax year, only the following four states:  Arkansas, Ohio, Oregon, and Virginia have a political tax credit as part of their state's tax law.  Arizona and Minnesota used to offer such political contribution tax credits, but have either eliminated their programs or let them expire.

For some further related information, you may wish to read the following article from Time Magazine's internet site:

http://time.com/money/4255774/tax-credits-campaign-contributions/

We are sorry if this information is other than what you were hoping to hear; but at least you now have the facts and can proceed with the remainder of your tax return(s).  Thank you for asking this question.

Oregon 2017 only allows the deduction on the 40N or 40P according to OR 'Other Credits' form in TurboTax.  It doesn't say that in the TurboTax instructions, but a Notice of Proposed Refund Adjustment from OR Dept Revenue alerted me to this.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies