cgreig98

I was a full time student in 2020 and did not earn any income. Do I still have to file?

rjs

If you had no income at all, and you did not receive Advance Premium Tax Credit for health insurance from the Marketplace (Obamacare), then you do not have to file a tax return.

Hal_Al

If you are a student, over age 23, and are not claimed as a dependent by someone else (e.g. your parent) you may be eligible for the up to $1000 refundable American Opportunity (tuition) Credit. That credit is not dependent on having either kids or earned income. You must be at least a half time undergraduate student. There's even a loop hole available to claim the credit, if you are on scholarship.