Solved: I spent a week in MA and earned 2,920 but I live in MI. Is this any claimed on my MI return? MA has a min of 8,000 before you must file.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I spent a week in MA and earned 2,920 but I live in MI. Is this any claimed on my MI return? MA has a min of 8,000 before you must file.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

I spent a week in MA and earned 2,920 but I live in MI. Is this any claimed on my MI return? MA has a min of 8,000 before you must file.

Yes, you must claim it on your Michigan return.  Your state of residence can tax ALL your income, regardless of where it was earned.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 14

Yes, you must claim it on your Michigan return.  Your state of residence can tax ALL your income, regardless of where it was earned.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings