kbarrientos114

I moved from MD to VA in August. I started working in VA but I was a dependent on my parent in MD. Do I have to pay any takes for MD?

ToddL

If you changed your state of residence to VA when you moved there to work, you would only need to file a part-year resident MD return and would not pay MD tax on your VA income. 

(If you did not earn any income in MD before leaving for VA, you wouldn't need to file a MD return at all).

You would have to file a VA resident (or part-year resident) return for the income you earned in VA. 

If your parent/s can claim you as a dependent and do claim you as a dependent, it doesn't make any difference whether you became a VA resident. 

You won't be able to claim a personal exemption on your return, and have to indicate that someone else could claim you as a dependent and will claim you as a dependent on their return.

ToddL

Did you change your state of residence to VA?
kbarrientos114

Yes I did in August
ToddL