turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janet-s

I moved from KY to Florida in November 2018. I have a 1098 for my Florida home that is being included in my KY return. How do I remove this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I moved from KY to Florida in November 2018. I have a 1098 for my Florida home that is being included in my KY return. How do I remove this?

If you have a 1098 from a mortgage lender that is reporting mortgage interest, you can take that deduction on your Kentucky part-year resident return also.  There is no need to remove anything from your KY return as no FL income has been added to your KY return.  

Kentucky starts with federal adjusted gross income (AGI).  On your federal return, you receive an itemized deduction for mortgage interest and property taxes.  These amounts get transferred to your Kentucky return and you can deduct the FL mortgage interest on your KY return.  However, KY does not allow property taxes as an additional itemized deduction so this amount won't be included on you KY itemized deductions (Schedule A).   TurboTax will automatically adjust your federal deductions; there is nothing you need to enter.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If you have a 1098 from a mortgage lender that is reporting mortgage interest, you can take that deduction on your Kentucky part-year resident return also.  There is no need to remove anything from your KY return as no FL income has been added to your KY return.  

Kentucky starts with federal adjusted gross income (AGI).  On your federal return, you receive an itemized deduction for mortgage interest and property taxes.  These amounts get transferred to your Kentucky return and you can deduct the FL mortgage interest on your KY return.  However, KY does not allow property taxes as an additional itemized deduction so this amount won't be included on you KY itemized deductions (Schedule A).   TurboTax will automatically adjust your federal deductions; there is nothing you need to enter.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies