Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to claim a tax credit for taxes paid to India. TurboTax only gives the option to claim tax credit for dividend income; not on interest income. Please help.

I live and work in the US but I have foreign bank account in India on which I've earned interest. I'd like to know if I can claim tax credit for foreign taxes paid on interest income using TurboTax.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to claim a tax credit for taxes paid to India. TurboTax only gives the option to claim tax credit for dividend income; not on interest income. Please help.

boxes 6 & 7 on the 1099 int is for foreign taxes. no 1116 is required if amount under $300 ($600 - MFJ)

just country, amount of foreign interest and foreign taxes.  if no 1116 don't link to 1116 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

boxes 6 & 7 on the 1099 int is for foreign taxes. no 1116 is required if amount under $300 ($600 - MFJ)

just country, amount of foreign interest and foreign taxes.  if no 1116 don't link to 1116 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies