You will have to file an amended tax return (1040X) and send in the correct form 1040NR. You will have to download, fill out and print Form 1040X: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf
Please follow these instructions:
- Enter your name, current address, and social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) on the front of Form 1040X.
- Don’t enter any other information on page 1. Also, don’t complete Parts I or II on page 2 of Form 1040X.
- Enter in Part III the reason why you are filing Form 1040X.
- Complete a new or corrected return (Form 1040NR).
- Across the top of the new or corrected return, write “Amended.”
- Attach the new or corrected return to the back of Form 1040X.
To complete a correct form 1040NR you can use our partner Sprintax site.