• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrmcdonald00

I'm a Washington state resident and I own an LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. What tax approach is best?

3 Replies
Mike9241
Level 15

I'm a Washington state resident and I own an LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. What tax approach is best?

do the LLC's conduct business activities including rental activities in those states?

jrmcdonald00

Just in Atlanta.

I do not have residency in Georgia.

Technically I'm bi-Coastal.

Hal_Al
Level 15

The general rule is: your report all your income on your home state return, even the income earned out of state. You file a non-resident state return for the state you earned income  in and pay tax to that state. Your home state will give you a credit, or partial credit, for what you paid the non-resident state. You will have to file a non resident GA state return and pay GA tax on the income earned there.

Since WA does not have an income tax,  you get no credit but do not have a resident return to file. But you still have to pay tax on that income to GA.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v