Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm a Flight Attendant. My W2 is from the headquarters of the airline I work for in AZ. However, I reside in MO. Is that considered making money in another state?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

I'm a Flight Attendant. My W2 is from the headquarters of the airline I work for in AZ. However, I reside in MO. Is that considered making money in another state?

No, that is not considered making money in another state. It does not matter where your employer is located. On your individual tax return, you always file taxes in the state where you reside or work. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Steve96

While your answer was technically correct for this individual your blanket statement "you always file taxes in the state where you reside or work" is incorrect for some people.  Someone could read this answer if they were in the military and think you are right.  In which you are are more than likely wrong.  You file taxes in your "home of record" in the military not the state you live in unless they match

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies