Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmalladi

I lived in california and my spouse in oregon during 2023.We filed jointly for Fed&OR. How do we adjust community property income to file seperately in california?

My spouse make more than me that makes me add income in adjustmenets, there by owing more tax. Do we add income from other states in adjustments for california return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I lived in california and my spouse in oregon during 2023.We filed jointly for Fed&OR. How do we adjust community property income to file seperately in california?

Yes, you will be presented with a Community Property Allocation Worksheet to help you with dividing up income items for your MFS returns in California.

It is recommended that you transfer your tax return to TurboTax Desktop to do this.   Here's details on How to Switch from TurboTax Online to TurboTax Desktop. 

Here's the Steps to Completing the Community Property Worksheet. 

If you are a CA resident, you will enter all your income, plus half the community income.  Often one return has an addition to income and withholding, while the other will have a reduction (subtraction) to income and withholding.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies