cszegs

I live in NJ, but worked in PA for most of 2016. I want to confirm whether I am required or not to file a PA tax return in addition to my NJ return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TomD8

NJ and PA have tax reciprocity.  If you're an NJ resident, your W-2 wages earned in PA are not subject to PA income tax, and you do not have to file a PA return.  (Your wages are fully taxable by NJ.)  Note that tax reciprocity applies only to W-2 wages, not to other types of income.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8