aenyart7

I live in idaho but all my earned income is from alaska but i cant add alaska what do i do?

DianeW

Alaska is one of a few state that does not have an income tax.  

Seven U.S. states currently don't have an income tax:AlaskaFloridaNevadaSouth DakotaTexas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee are also spared from handing over an extra chunk of their paycheck on April 15, though they do pay tax on dividends and income from investments.

If you are an Idaho resident all year, even though you earned income from Alaska, all of your worldwide income is required to be reported on your resident return.  Residency is determined based on your domicile.

State tax law, in almost all cases, refers to "domicile" when determining residency. 

• An individual may have many residences, or physical dwellings in which he resides, but can have only one domicile, or that permanent residence to which he intends to return. A review of states residency requirements show that 28 states use some definition of domicile to determine if a taxpayer is a resident.

DianeW