Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to adjust the amount i allocated as NYC part year resident income and can't get back to the screen. Where do I go?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

I have to adjust the amount i allocated as NYC part year resident income and can't get back to the screen. Where do I go?

To get to the relevant section in TurboTax Online: 

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
  3. If you land on a New York interview page, select Let's get started, Continue or other similar prompt.  Otherwise, in the left pane, select Prepare State, then proceed through the New York screens
  4. Proceed through the state screens until you get to the New York Income Allocation screen
  5. Answer No to the question, Were all of your wages and/or self-employment income earned in New York State? 
  6. On the screen, Form W-2 Summary, select Edit next to any W-2s you need to allocate.
  7. On the screen, Allocate Wages to New York, you can choose one of the following allocation methods:
    • 100% New York State income
    • Allocate by number of days
    • Allocate by percentage
    • Don’t allocate this employer
    • Allocate over multiple years
  8. On the Form W-2 Summary screen, select Done.
  9. On the following New York Income Allocation screens, enter the amount of federal income earned from New York sources.
    •  If none, enter 0.
  10. On the New York Nonresident Deductions screen, enter the New York State part of federal deductions. 
    • If none, enter 0
  11. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your return
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies