gsekhon

I have state tax withheld during sale of rental home. Turbo tax is not allowing E-file state tax

Turbo tax made me ineligible for E- file for state taxes due witholding from a source of other than forms W2, w2G, 1099R, 1099G, 1099INT, 1099DIV, 1099B, 1099MISC, 592b, and 593. The escrow held taxes during sale of my rental property. I did not get any form so i reported it as guided by TurboTax. Why turbotax does not allow e-file for this case. 

Most states do not allow e-filing if you have withholding on a form other than a W-2 or 1099 as those types of payments are more difficult for states to match up.