Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filled out the solar tax credit information and turbotax is giving me a 60% and not at 30% tax credit, has anyone else seen this issue with the turbo tax calculation?

I should get 7716 tax credit but tubotax is giving me 15434 instead.  Even on my solar contract is says I should get 7716 tax credit.  Has anyone had this issue?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I filled out the solar tax credit information and turbotax is giving me a 60% and not at 30% tax credit, has anyone else seen this issue with the turbo tax calculation?

Try going through the Home Energy Credit section again to be sure that nothing has been entered twice or delete the credit completely and re-enter the information to see if that fixes the calculation.  

There have been various unusual situations with the home energy credits due to the many changes made to this by the IRS, but the situation you described is not one that has been experienced to my knowledge.  If the situation persists and is not corrected by deleting and re-entering the information, you can consider sharing a diagnostic copy of your tax file so that it can be examined in more detail.

The diagnostic file will not contain personally identifiable information, only numbers related to your tax forms.  If you would like to provide us with the diagnostic file, follow the instructions below and post the token number along with which version of TurboTax you are using and what states you are filing in a follow-up thread.

Use these steps if you are using TurboTax Online:

• Sign in to your account and be sure you are in your tax return.
  • Select Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select Share my file with agent.
  • A pop-up message will appear, select OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
  • Post the token number here. 

If you are using a CD/downloaded version of TurboTax, use these steps:

• Select Online at the top of the screen.
  • Select Send Tax File to Agent.
  • Click OK.
  • Post the token number here.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies